Objectives / Programme committee
The organizer : 3AF
3AF – Association Aéronautique et Astronautique de France is the French society of reference with regards to scientific and technological expertise in the field of civil and military aviation and space.
Thanks to its High Scientific Council, its technical committees and to the organization of numerous national and international conferences/symposia, 3AF promotes the latest scientific and technological findings.
Bring together people on scientific and technical issues with the aim to:
- Create links between peers
- Produce excellence
- Convey our passion
- Clarify aerospace scientific and technical challenges, put forward our expertise, and make proposals to decision makers
- Represent our members within the French, European or Overseas corresponding organizations
- Promote aerospace and encourage young people to join the domain
- Engineering/Science: Aerodynamics – In flight testing Materials – Propulsion (both Space & Aeronautics) Structure – Environment – On Board Energy – Optronics
- Aerospace Platforms: Commercial Aviation – Light Aircraft – Helicopters Missiles – UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle)
- Space Transportation (Launchers & Exploration Vehicles) Space Exploration (Missions & Payloads)
- Transversal: Strategy & International Affairs – Business Intelligence – History – Intellectual Property & Rights Unidentified Aerospace Phenomena
Find more information on our corporate website.
Objectives / Programme Committee
Following seven editions of growing success, 3AF - Association Aéronautique et Astronautique de France, and Agencies, ESA, CNES, DLR and ASI are pleased to announce:
8th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SPACE PROPULSION – SP2022
The eighth of a series of international conferences on technical and programmatic aspects related to the development and application of Space Propulsion technologies.
The SPACE PROPULSION Conference is the international forum supporting the preparation of future activities and roadmaps in all the fields of space propulsion.
The programme of the event highlights programmatic and technical issues and promotes exchange of views and information in the two main areas of propulsion for spacecraft and for space transportation.
More than 700 professionals from over 30 countries are expected either in-person or on-line, gathering engineers and scientists from government, university and industry.
This event is a unique opportunity to discover innovative solutions and implement fruitful exchanges between colleagues of different countries and disciplines.
SPACE PROPULSION 2022 will be organized around:
- An opening day dedicated to plenary sessions and round tables during which agencies’ general directors, industry, integrators and equipment manufacturers will be invited to speak;
- Up to 4 days dedicated to technical presentations and plenary sessions;
- A hall reserved to sponsors and exhibitors to showcase their know-how and innovation and spotlight technical results, technologies and research. For optimum visibility during the event, this exhibition space is situated at the heart of the conference center;
NEW - HYBRID CONFERENCE
All participants will have access to a dedicated webapp and smartphone application, enabling them to:
- Access all plenary sessions LIVE, with interactivity tools
- Access all technical sessions in REPLAY
- Network with participants and organize live and virtual meetings.
For IN-PERSON Speakers and Participants: get the best of 2 worlds!
- Enjoy the in-person experience at ESTORIL for quality meetings and networking opportunities
- Catch up on sessions you could not attend through our REPLAYS available 6 months
NB: All Speakers are required to attend in-person event. No remote presentations aloud.
For REMOTE Participants: access all the presentations from the comfort of your office
- Plenary sessions will be streamed LIVE during the event.
- All technical sessions will be recorded, and available on REPLAY a few days after the event.
- Use the app to network; request online meetings and discover our virtual exhibition.
NB: New specific fee for the online participation
WELCOME TO THE NEW VERSION OF SPACE PROPULSION CONFERENCE!
2 Technical Committees are working together in order to cover all the specific topics discussed during the Space Propulsion Conference:
- Spacecraft Propulsion Technical Committee
- Propulsion for Space Transportation Technical Committee
Jamila MANSOURI (ESA), Dominique RIBEREAU (ArianeGroup) and Giorgio SACCOCCIA (ASI & 3AF), as Conference Chairs, will oversee the technical content prepared in order to offer to the SP2022 Participants the more efficient, attractive and up to date programme regarding the recent advances in the field.
Spacecraft Propulsion Technical Committee
Mariano ANDRENUCCI, SITAEL,
Jérôme ANTHOINE, ONERA,
Prashanth BANGALORE, Agiles Space Industries, United States
Joe CASSADY, AEROJET,
Michele COLETTI, TAS-UK,
Ian COXHILL, MOOG,
Alain DEMAIRÉ, OHB Sweden AB,
Wilhelm DINGERTZ, BRADFORD,
Olivier DUCHEMIN, Safran Aircraft Engines,
Mark FORD, ESA,
Roberto FORMARO, ASI,
Alberto GARBAYO, AVS UK,
Jose GONZALEZ DEL AMO, ESA,
Stefan HÄSSLER, ArianeGroup,
Shohei KOGA, IHI Aerospace, Japan
David KREJCI, Enpulsion,
Alan LAWRIE, Airbus,
Thomas LIÉNART, CNES,
Chiara MANFLETTI, ESA,
Jamila MANSOURI, ESA,
Ideo MASUDA, JAXA,
Denis PACKAN, ONERA,
Markus PEUKERT, OHB System AG,
James E. POLK, Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
Arnau PONS LORENTE, Purdue University,
Garri POPOV, RIAME,
Norbert PÜTTMANN, DLR,
Giorgio SACCOCCIA, ASI,
George SCHMIDT, NASA,
Toru SHIMADA, Jaxa,
Julien VAUDOLON, Safran Aircraft Engines - Exotrail,
Zvika ZUCKERMAN, Rafael,
Propulsion for Space Transportation Technical Committee
Francesco BETTI, AVIO,
Sébastien BIANCHI, Air Liquide,
Laurent BOUAZIZ, Arianespace,
Didier BOURY, ArianeGroup,
Jérôme BRETEAU, ESA,
Helmut CIEZKI, DLR,
Emanuela D'AVERSA, ASI,
André FUESER, ArianeGroup,
Nathalie GIRARD, CNES,
hidenori HARA, MHI,
Jean-Christophe HENOUX, ArianeGroup,
Stéphane HENRY, ArianeGroup,
Serguei MOSSOLOV, Keldysh Centre,
V. NARAYANAN, LPSC/ISRO,
Koichi OKITA, Jaxa,
Marcello ONOFRI (Pr), University of Rome (Sapienza),
Gérard ORDONNEAU, ONERA,
Guillermo ORTEGA, ESA,
Ulf PALMNÄS, Palmnäs & co,
Mario PESSANA, TAS,
Gérald PIGNIER, ArianeGroup,
Lilian PREVOST, CNES,
Dominique RIBEREAU, ArianeGroup,
Alberto ROSSI, CNES,
Stefan SCHLECHTRIEM, DLR,
Vladimir SUDAKOV, NPO Energomash,
Yann TALAMONI, ArianeGroup,
Marc VALÈS, Dassault Aviation,
Martin VELANDER, GKN Aerospace,
Gilles VIGIER, 3AF,
Riheng ZHENG, Chinese Society Astronautics (CSA),